Sunday, January 6, 2008

It's Been a While....

I know I've been a bad blogger lately. I'm not exactly sure why, but one of my New Year's resolutions is to be a better blogger. The following will catch you up on what's been happening these past couple of months:

1. Thanksgiving in Jacksonville - Tim, the kids, and I met my sister and her husband in Jacksonville for Thanksgiving. The kids and I left the Sunday before, my grandma and mom came that Tues., and Tim flew in on Wed. Needless to say, my sister's house was crowded for a while, but we had lots of fun! She was eight months pregnant then, so eating was definitely on the agenda. As soon as blogger lets me post some photos, I will post some of her shower. (It's not letting me post pictures tonight.)

2. Chanukah - Tim, the kids, and I had a great time celebrating Chanukah this year. We made latkas the first night, and the kids received a present each night.

3. Zach's High Blue Belt - Zach earned his high blue belt in Dec. He's now half-way to earning his black belt.

4. The Birth of Meredith Olivia Bauries - My beautiful niece, Meredith, was born on December 22 in the early morning. She weighed 8 lbs., 6 oz. and both mom and baby were fine. Meredith is a great eater, and at 2 weeks old is already almost 9 lbs.

5. Christmas - We celebrated Christmas with the whole Watkins' clan on Sunday, Dec. 23. Mom and Dad Watkins stayed with us through Christmas. The highlight (other than just being together) was the Wii. I think Tim and I had as much fun playing the Wii as the kids did. Dance, Dance Revolution is definitely my favorite.

6. New Years - We had our traditional New Year's dinner at Blue Willow Inn with the Watkins' clan. There is just something about going there when it's decorated for the holidays; it's just beautiful. We spent time investigating each room and evaluating the decor; then, of course, we spent time in the gift shop. After, Tim, the kids, and I just came home and watched the ball/peach drop for New Years. (Hannah made it; Zach did not.) It was just nice to have a quiet evening with family.

You are now officially caught up! (I'll post more if I missed something.) Right now, Tim's in the midst of basketball season, the kids are doing karate (Zach) and art (Hannah), and I'm working away.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Write about my blog !