Thursday, June 21, 2007

Fun with Friends at Big Canoe

Zach and Matt wade in the lake.
Zach prepares for the final stretch of the rock slide.

Hannah begins her trip down the rock slide.

The motley crew: (back row) Hannah, Maya, Myles, and Matt
(front row): Zach, Emma, Alex, Catherine, Sydney and Sara

Monica, me, and Stacy catch up at the pool.

Maya and Hannah pose after an exciting rock slide ride.

Alex and Myles play at the pool.

Emma, Maya, Sara and Hannah play Marco-Polo and do tricks in the pool.

What a fun day we had! We traveled this past Sunday to Big Canoe (approximately 1 hr. and 45 min.) and visited my college buddies and stayed all day. We journeyed down the rock slide, played in the lake and pool, and peddled boats on the lake. The kids had a great time! (See pictures above.) I think the best part for me was just spending time with good friends and catching up on each other's lives. It is amazing to me that even though we don't see each other often and are usually terrible correspondents, it is like no time has passed when we get together. I have known most of these people 20 years, and I'm so thankful to have such good friends.
Stacy commented to me when she looked at all of our children sitting at the table eating dinner together that we've made another group of us. She is so right. It warms me to see Hannah and Zach playing and getting to know this group of friends, and I hope they continue to grow these friendships as they mature.

1 comment:

Principal King said...

I love the blog. It was so wonderful to have you all join us at Big Canoe. I love seeing the kids together. You have a beautiful family and I cherish our friendship. You're right.. even though we rarely see each other...it only takes but a moment to reconnect. Love you very much.