Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Family Fun Day at the Pool

This past Sat. was Maple Creek's Family Fun Day. The subdivision rented a huge slide that emptied into a pool. While the kids certainly enjoyed it, I think the adults had more fun. I wish I took pictures, but it was certainly a sight to see. Tim and I did join in, and, of course, were the first to get hurt. Tim, not following good safety procedures, did not wait for the person in front of him to clear the pool before he slid. In order to avoid wiping out his neighbor's legs, Tim put his feet down fast at the bottom and twisted his ankle. I, in turn, went to put my feet down at the bottom and split my toe nail on a mat at the bottom of the pool. We were quite a pair!

In addition to the slide, there were tents and tables set up for a barbecue lunch. They even served hot dogs in which they bought 100 for $10. (They were actually good.) It was truly fun hanging out and catching up with friends.

No comments: