Sunday, August 19, 2007

A New Addition

Snickers, making herself at home....

It's strange having a kitten after having cats for so long. Snickers will eat heartily and play and play. Then, she will sack out and take a nap.

Yes, I'm crazy. After Zach's belt test and getting my hair cut on Sat., I meandered over to PetCo to gather some pet supplies for our current four-legged brood. Well, of course, the Humane Society of Lawrenceville was there adopting out dogs and cats of all ages and breeds (mainly mixed). They had many kittens up for adoption. I held a couple of small kittens, but they just did not seem right; they were more interested in escaping than playing with me. I also looked closely at some of the adult cats. Since we have three other animals, I wasn't sure how "adaptable" they would be. Then, one of the "foster" parents directed me over to the cage of Sara Begonia. She was between 3 and 4 months and was supposedly very affectionate. I took her out and held her. Amid all of the chaos of dogs barking and people walking around, she was content to sit on my lap and play. She also purred really loudly. That was it; I called Tim and the kids to make sure it was okay, and I brought her home.
Well, she has only been here for a day and she rules the roost! She is not afraid of the dogs and does not want Oliver around her. (Yes, she does remind me of Katie.) She has definitely made herself at home. Because of her unusual markings (I was initially attracked to her personality and not her beauty.), we named her Snickers.

No comments: